…a sustainability certification
FAIR'N GREEN is a procedure to quantify sustainability goals of your organization. Independent investigation bodies assure the authenticity of certifications as well as scientific requirements.
FAIR'N GREEN is a sustainability standard regarding itself as a holistic certification system. It consists of certain ecological criteria, economic and societal criteria.
Businesses operating under the requirements of the European trademark for organic goods already fulfill an important part of the certification process.
However, those companies outside the european trademark for organic agriculture may also qualify for participation in FAIR'N GREEN if they excel in other areas such as environmental protection or resource conservation. They may consist of the resource-friendliness of the employed means of production, the maintenance of regional cultural heritage or the treatment of employees and stakeholders.
What is new about FAIR and GREEN?
FAIR and GREEN considers itself as a dynamic system: open to new, transparent and flexible. There are several ways for sustainable development. It needs to be possible to reseach the goal with different paths. Let us together work on a development plan for the future.
There is no easy answer to sustainability. The intention of FAIR and GREEN e.V. is to unite different solutions paths and emphasise commonalities instead of having a action impeding debate on differences.
For acutally achieving the goals of sustainable development more cooperation is needed, and not more solidary men. That is why we aim for establishing FAIR and GREEN as a dynamic system. That way additional critieral can gradually be added and exsting can be updated.
Advantages of FAIR’N GREEN
- FAIR'N GREEN was developed with leading wine growers and scientists.
- International basics for sustainable management were used in the development.
- The concept is oriented towards common practice and introduces specific sustainability topics into viticulture and visualised existing integration, respectively.
- FAIR'N GREEN is considerably more detailed than other standards and also encompasses the analysis of the entire supply chain: procurement, vitculture, vinification and distribution/ sales.
- Wine growers have been maintaining an unique cultural landscape for centuries. Viticulture has a symbiotic relationship with nature. This committment needs to be appreciated and considered in the assessment.
Information for winegrowers
All wine-estate, which fullfill the requirements of FAIR and GREEN e.V. can be certified.
The standard works for
- wine estates
- wine cellars
- and other business which process grapes
Companies have to complete a certification process. After a successfull audit they can promote the FAIR'N GREEN label. Benefit from FAIR'N GREEN. More information.
Information for retailers
With FAIR'N GREEN you can fullfill the customer's request for environmentalfriendly production and social responsibility.
Advantages for retailer:
- trustworthy products for customers
- sell sustainable products
- customer retention
Are you retailer and need further information. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Information for customers
You like to enjoy wine which does not only taste great but is also produced under environmental friendly and social responsible conditions.
- contribution to protection of the environment
- trustworthy products: high standards
- monitoring on a regular basis
Advice: Our wine are sold at onlineshop for sustainable wines.
Independent validation with neutral auditors
FAIR and GREEN e.V. association collaborates with neutral auditors that audit the criteria of FAIR and GREEN. Neutral auditors transfer their result to the Board of Directors of the association which then awards the certification document.
After your company has become a member of FAIR and GREEN e.V. association, FAIR and GREEN resumes its work and asks a consultancy to prepare a status quo analysis. Followed by the consulting and the implementation of first measures, the company is assessed by an independent institute. Please have a look at the exact procedure for certification.
We would like to present to you the authorized independent institute:
QC& I - Quality, Certification und Inspection
With OC&I, FAIR and GREEN found a strong and experienced partner:
Please read their mission statement:
QC&I stands for Quality, Certification and Inspection. We have been working in food safety and quality around the world for more than two decades.
We are an DIN EN ISO / IEC 17065: 2013 accredited privately owned independent inspection body for organic agricultural production and processing systems according to Regulation (EC) 834/2007. This regulation distinguishes between six types of operators:
1. Production of plants, plant products, livestock and livestock products produced by animal husbandry including beekeeping and beekeeping products.
2. Units for preparation of plant and livestock products and foodstuffs composed of plant and livestock products.
3. Imports of plants, plant products, livestock, livestock products and foodstuffs composed of plant products and/or livestock products from third countries.
4. Units involved in the production, preparation or import of organic products and which have contracted out to third parties in part or in total the actual operations concerned.
5. Units involved in feed production.
6. Commerce, retail and stock of organic produce
We inspect these organic operators world-wide. You may recognize our "AB-BIO-645" code on the odd certified organic package. (AB is to be replaced by ISO-Code of the exporting country.)
We are a committed team of people experienced in agricultural and food science, quality assurance and natural resources management.